Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Interview for feb/2008 buddhahood@



Interview with Gothic loaded for feb/2008 watch the space Vosloorus underground!!


When we got to his house the sound of music was blasting so high it was hard to knock but hey we manage to shout knocking till his sister came trough to answer, seeing it was me she quickly rushed to call guess who………………..

Gothic the hard rhyme man!

Gothic: Yo! Guy’s wassup? Well come trough man when you do time for me I’ll make time for you.
Buddhahood: Word men appreciate.
Gothic: Yo! Man I was busy running on my beats to truly understand the sound and concept behind them.
Buddhahood: wassup with that!
Gothic: well I am trying to out line issues between mankind and freemasons, I am trying to make people aware of the life we living being controlled by major beings conspiring behind us and any way that’s the only way to keep our souls in control.

Then he takes me trough his beats and starts to rap for couple minutes.

Session interview 2 Gothic.

Buddhahood: In short who are Gothic and the other two guys you spoke about earlier on?
Gothic: Ok! Well I have three characters I play and promoting right now, one of them is Gothic which is the guy I was born as when I grew up in this culture called rap. The second will be my other alter ego called Deeper Otherness which is a character that was formed by my poetic sub ways and interest; he is a character that can write and reside basically. The last one will be Monkey Canon who was born after I fused both Gothic and Deeper Otherness to create my sound, when I launch this one cats should know um on some other shit! LOL.
Buddhahood: So you currently working on an EP so I had, words travel the street you know? Is it true?
Gothic: yes it is! With pride
Buddhahood: what’s the name of the EP?
Gothic: I choose to call it Ear-Drum Phenomenology and not mainly an EP like most people will call it, to make it more interesting we have to many different sounds, different topic’s and themes such as Mechanical flowers, Akai and Rowans of Madness some new staff that people never had off! you know what I mean!
Buddahood: how many tracks do you have in there?
Gothic: For now we are going to have 9 tracks and a bonus track on it.
Buddhahood: You keep infersizing we on the production of the EP, who is we?
Gothic: Well I am not alone on the project I am with the guy called Gendro Galaxy doing the beats for the project and I provide the lyrics plus the inspiration we get from cats out there like Co-lab and many more hay! And that’s we.
Buddhahood: Ok! Now tell me what inspires the EP? You spoke about freemasons, what you personally call media masons and about robots as well…….. Hay wassup?
Gothic: The EP it’s about who’s in control of your life? the aim of the EP its to help us on a path of being aware that we a being controlled and made believe to be in control of our own lives, whilst the world is in pain and in trouble using religion at first, technology and so forth. Right after reading a book called faith from Buddhism I had to start being true to myself and the society.
Buddhahood: So who’s your ticket market and your mass market for the EP?
Gothic: I am looking at everyone and anyone with a free mind, after all we masters of our own torts. But I would love to have it listened by any existing being in this world.
Buddhahood: How are you going to get it listened and supported by people outside this rap society, more especially the mainstream music lover’s that does not understand your type of Music.
Gothic: Good question for me! The most important thing I have to do is use my enemy’s best attack and that is trough media “sound and talks” in my case. I will have to get trough to people and have talks with them, engage in such topics and stories to see how it can benefit the world trough talks only.
Buddhahood: Interesting my man! So tell me when are we going to get the taste of Ear-Drum Phenomenology?
Gothic: For now I don’t have the excusal date but it will then hit the streets somewhere in March/2008 that I promise I let you know.
Buddhahood: And where do we get it?
Gothic: I’ll have it at Get Hooked Up store’s in Vosloorus and myself, you can call me to personally deliver it for you, I will really love that my man hey!
Buddhahood: How much is a copy?
Gothic: R35.00 a copy for the truth and concept lovers.
Buddhahood: who do you feature?
Gothic: I worked with Kaleem, Gendro Galaxy my producer, 8gigol and others.
Buddhahood: how many copies does one want to sell?
Gothic: If I can hit 1000.00 copies I’ll see that I might be in demand but hey, will see man!
Buddhahood: Yo man thanx for seeing us too man, I’ll make sho I get a copy for Buddhahood Productions man hey.
Gothic: Peace Rappers!

Contact Gothic on: 073 369 8228

check: http://www.buddhahoodproductions.co.za/


Interview taken from the vinyl198o side see more!!



Vinyl1980.com: Qba welcome to vinyl1980.com, finally.
Qba: Thank you.
Vinyl1980.com: You’ve got a new mixtape out?
Qba: Yeah… It’s called Gutter Butter volume 1.
Vinyl1980.com: What is it about?
Qba: The mixtape is about everything, all the things going through my life, my experiences, where I come from and where I’m trying to go.
Vinyl1980.com: How many people were involved in the making of that tape?
Qba: Production wise, I worked with Ji [pronounced G] mainly. He is part of our production company which is called Get Bread Entertainment. We’re also working with Dj Zakes. He is hosting the mixtape.
Vinyl1980.com: Did you feature other rappers?
Qba: We featured Snazz D on one of the tracks. There is also a track where I’m featuring Ji. However most of the tape is me.
Vinyl1980.com: And singers?
Qba: I’m singing as well [laughs].
Vinyl1980.com: What do you intend to do with this street album?
Qba: This tape is meant to tell everyone that Qba is around. They haven’t heard anyone speak real. I’m very honest and straightforward. I’m working on my game and I’m still getting there. It’s a learning process. This is the first mixtape. It is volume 1. I’m bringing volume 2 in about four months and the third one will be released just before we drop the album. We're just trying to build some anticipation and to really let people know who Qba is. You gotta listen to what I really have to say.
Vinyl1980.com: Let’s take a shortcut. Who is Qba?
Qba: Qba is a girl from Bethal, living in Jozi (Johannesburg), trying to hustle to make it in this world. I love Hip Hop and I’m trying to create a platform for myself and other artists.
Vinyl1980.com: Insiders and industry sources know that you’ve been here for a while. Has your time finally come?
Qba: I think the time is now. We’ve set the bar. There is no turning back. It’s been a lot of growth. When I got here (Jo’Burg) I didn’t really have a clue of how this thing goes about. So it has taken a lot networking, a lot of mistakes, a lot of growth and now I’ve come to a point where I can say I’m ready. I know what I want. I know who I am and where I stand in this world. I have something to offer. So this is the time.
Vinyl1980.com: Before we go any shout outs?
Qba: Oh yeah… Shout out to my boy Zakes, shout out to Get Bread, shout out to my man KK, that’s the guy who runs the studio we recording at, good flavors coming out of that, shout out to my boy Camp, damn… There are so many, to all the people who had something constructive to offer.

No comments: